Meals and nutrition
Food is plentiful and on offer 24 hours a day. Seasonally varied, nutritionally balanced menus are prepared by our Head Chef who is suported by an additional chef and kitchen staff. Our produce is sourced locally.
Family or friends are welcome to stay for complimentary lunch or supper with their friend or relative - just like home!
Menus are changed daily and reviewed seasonally. Special requests are catered for. Coffee and Tea including homemade cakes, are served all day every day. Sandwiches, Soup, Jacket Potatoes, Fresh Fruit and Cheese and Biscuits are always available all day in addition to the menu. The kitchen is always open!
Wisteria Lodge has recently been awarded 5 out of 5 from East Hants District Council for Food Safety Standards.
A cooked breakfast is offered everyday. Each day breakfast gives a choice of:
- A wide selection of cereals
- Traditional porridge
- Prunes or grapefruit segments
- A selection of yoghurts
- Fresh fruit
- Scrambled, poached or boiled eggs
- Toast / bread and butter
- A selection of preserves
- Tea, coffee or beverage of choice
Lunch is the main meal of the day always offering a choice of hot dishes and a healthy option, for example:
- Fresh fruit juice of choice
- Wine, sherry or preferred drink
- Roast beef and herb roasted potatoes, julienne carrots, selection of vegetables, Yorkshire puddings, gravy and condiments
- Sherry trifle or apple charlotte with French Vanilla custard or fresh fruit salad and ice cream
- Cheese and biscuits
Teatime/Suppertime, hot and cold dishes are available, for example:
- Smoked haddock and grilled tomatoes
- Homemade soup of the day
- Selection of sandwiches
- Poached eggs and smoked bacon on toast
- Fresh fruit salad and cream
Cakes, yoghurts and a fresh fruit bowl on offer all day along with hot and cold drinks
Refreshments are always offered to guests and visitors.