Wisteria Lodge recognises the social, spiritual, psychological and physical benefits to activities, interraction with others and exercise. For that reason we have two dedicated Activities Co-ordinators who both arrange lots of activites and outings on a one to one basis or a small group. Our Activities Co-Ordinators will tailor make activities as requests are made.
At Wisteria Lodge we carefully select with the help of the residents, all of our activity providers. They are regularly reviewed and new activities are introduced.
Typical weeks events
Mondays – Music for Health in the mornings, Manicures/Handmassage in the afternoon, Theatre show in house from a local theatre group.
Tuesdays – Hairdresser all day, Able Classes in the morning, Reflexologist in the afternoon, Outside visit to garden centre or local pub
Wednesdays – Hairdresser in the morning, Communion in the morning, Art and Crafts in the afternoon, Cake baking in the afternoon, indoor games such as golf or bowls
Thursdays – Talented singer or musician in the morning, Gardening in the morning, Exercise sessions in the afternoon, Pet Therapy in afternoon, musical entertainment in the evening
Fridays – Crafts/making cards in the morning, Bingo and other games in the afternoon, Theatre show or entertainment in the evening, film night
Daily activities schedule
The Daily Schedule will contain a mixture of Group and One to One activity exercises delivered by both out experienced Care staff or external providers.
Activities will take many forms, from simple living activities to group outings.
One to One Activities with Staff
- Talking and reminiscing
- Going for walks
- Complimentary pampering – manicures, reflexology, aromatherapy and hand massages
- Playing games and armchairs exercises
- Reading letters / magazines / newspaper / helping to choose library books etc
- Various entertainment and activity specialists come in to the Home by arrangement such as visiting farm animals or fish and chip or ice cream van
- Arts and crafts
- Making music
- Clothes show
All outings are geared to the resident’s needs and capabilities. Outings would include:
- Visit to the local village pub, post office and shops
- Visit to the local garden centre or local town
- Visit to the local plays to live band events
- Visit to the seafront for fish and chips!